Friday, March 8, 2019

0 A Letter to Abdullah Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما


Reading aloud has been an enjoyable part of our family for many years, Alhamdulillah.

This is an amazing and refreshing moment to begin our day by uplifting ourselves together as a family. It brings out the stories of pious predecessors to enlighten our dead hearts to ponder over their heroic achievements in both worlds, SubhanAllah!

There is nothing more valuable that we can give our kids than instilling the love of the Creator and his beloved Prophet صلی الله عليه وسلم and the companions رضي الله عنهم who preserved and passed the truth from generation to generation.

Reading to them molds and cultivates the truth in their pure hearts. I feel that every family should enjoy their own reading sessions to lighten up their hearts with the truth. 

This is a letter from my 6-year-old to Abdullah Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما that she wrote after we read out the book “Child Companions Around the Prophet صلی الله عليه وسلم
Ibn Abbas’s رضي الله عنه story has captured her heart and she wanted to tell him how glad she was to know about him.
Finally, she said to me, “Ummi I’ll take it with me when I die. So, I can give it to him when I meet him in Jannah.” As she was about to finish writing she was asking me, “Ummi, how will he understand it because he knows only Arabic?”  I told her InshaAllah we will be able to speak Arabic in Jannah.

May Allah keep us among the righteous company in this world and the next! Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment